PhillyHBC Official Forum

Connor: "It's important like tennis is important!"

Do Good Brewing

What beer have you purchased recently and what did you think about it?

Moderators: joey, coff

Do Good Brewing

Postby jwible204 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Anyone have a chance to try their beer? I know they are still brewing on a 10-gallon setup until their equipments comes in, but they served at Barcade last month. Their website doesn't really say anything other than United Ale (a Cream Ale) and Ambassador Ale (a Bier De Garde) but offers no other info about the beer. I'd like to try some of their beer.
jwible204

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Do Good Brewing

Postby coff » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:16 am

I think Jimmy and Nick have been working with those guys on some things, they have probably tried their beer. I would like to give some of their beers a try.

I was reading their blog a few months back to get an idea of what their beers were going to be like and saw a post about how they added 18 year old balsamic vinegar to some beer. To be honest that was really confusing to me, I'm all for experimentation but intentionally introducing that much acetobacter isn't at all appealing to me.
coff

Postby jwible204 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:30 am

I just checked their site and read the post, I wish there were more details on it. Though, I can't imagine that turned out well.

Now that I think of it, there isn't much info on anything they've done. Hopefully once their big system arrives they will have better info on the website.
jwible204

Postby coff » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Yea it looks pretty early to tell what they will be all about, I can't tell if they lean towards any style or if thats something they are just feeling out. Tons of new breweries opening up around here soon, I wish everyone luck in differentiating themselves from the pack.
coff

Return to Commercial Beer